Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Glass Tub Doors?



The most recent conundrum?

Glass Bath Doors
vs.
Shower Curtain

As I've said before, we only have 1 full bathroom. We've decided to do a 4.5 foot bathtub with a knee wall at the foot of the tub and a glass wall. Kind of like this:

I love this bathroom. For one, it is very similar to the size and layout of our bathroom; and of course they have marble floors so what's not to love? The question is do we do frameless sliding glass tub doors? I like the glass door idea because it will keep the bathroom looking open and airy. What I don't like about it is they constantly need to be cleaned. (I have glass shower doors and EVERYTIME I shower I have to clean the doors or the bathroom looks dirty) My mother in law also warned me that if we have kids the glass sliding doors will be a pain because the track on the bottom and the fact that it only opens up half way. I don't really love shower curtains either- they get scuzzy and will hide the nice new tub, fixtures and tile. HELP!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Sister-in-law here....I have thoughts on both doors and curtains. I love the look of the frameless doors. If you use the OXO squeegie on it everyday, it really cuts down on the cleaning issue. To mom's point, giving squirmy kids a bath in the tub and dealing with the shower door is a MAJOR pain in the but - especially if you are vertically challenged like I am. The new shower curtain liners that are made of fabric are awesome. They don't get scuzzy and you can just throw them in the washing machine. Bottom line - doors are great if kids are not using the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete